Magnificent Church buildings
Monumental architectural gems, inspired by the faith of the people, can be found around the world. Some of the most impressive churches and cathedrals decorate your location for hundreds of years, and some a bit more than a thousand years. Many of them became so popular and widely known that you can read them in one photosgraphy and a small tip.
25. Let’s start simple. This is one of the oldest and most famous in the UK and worldwide cathedrals, founded in the year 597. Tip number 2 – Archbishop Thomas Beckett (Thomas Becket) was murdered here in 1170.
24. This item too should be easy. The temple is known by the legendary appearance. If you still need a clue, we will provide two to Barcelona, Antoni gaudí (Antoni Gaudí).
23. This Cathedral with its distinctive dome is one of the most famous sights of the capital of London for many centuries. At the height of 111 meters it was the tallest building in the city from 1710 to 1962.
22. Another temple that needs no further introduction. Built in 1555-61, at the behest of Ivan the terrible the Church is the most famous architectural landmark Moscow.
21. This Lutheran Church may not be as famous around the world as the previous building, but its incomparable shape, like a current of lava, makes it easy to learn.
20. This Cathedral, whose name translates as “Mother of Paris”, is one of the largest and most well-known Church buildings around the world.
19. This giant Cathedral, proudly bearing the title of the fourth largest Christian Church in the world, should be well known to the people of new York.
18. Once the conversation turned to the biggest temples of the world, this is one of them. This Anglican Church with an external length of 189 meters is the longest in the world. This monumental building has been designed by Giles Gilbert Scott (Giles Gilbert Scott), is located in the center of the city where the Beatles were founded.
17. If you are not sure in answering this item, we can tell you that this striking building is a functioning monastery, rebuilt in the Baroque style, with original Byzantine interior. This is one of the most famous buildings in Kiev was built in the early 12th century.
16. This item is not so complicated, isn’t it? The fifth largest Cathedral in the world able to accommodate an incredible 40 000 visitors. This Gothic gem is located in the city, which is considered the capital of fashion.
15. This neo-Gothic building, which is one of the few non-European cathedrals in this article is the sixth largest Church in the world, right behind the previous paragraph. If we tell you where it is located, you can guess the name of the building, so tell me only that the construction began in 1907 and ended in 1990.
14. If photosgraphy not sufficiently obvious, we will show that this Cathedral many believe the most Holy and of the great Christian Church.
13. Taking into account tower height of 142 meters this spectacular Basilica is one of the tallest and largest churches in the world. If you try to guess its location, this great Church is situated in the centre of Poland.
12. This Cathedral of the 13th century is one of the most visited attractions of one of the countries of Western Europe and attracts on average 20,000 people a day. Still not guessed? OK, second clue: it is believed that in the Church the relics of the three wise men.
11. This Basilica, which is one of the few churches from South America, is one of the main places of worship of Catholicism, attracting several million visitors annually. It was built on the hill where it is believed the virgin Mary appeared in 1531.
10. This Basilica may not attract as many tourists and pilgrims, as above, but if we tell you that this is the largest Catholic Church in Asia, then you will certainly guess what it was about…
9. Given the unusually impressive appearance of this building, it will be easy to learn. If you have any doubts, we can tell that it is the largest by area, the Mormon temple in the world.
8. This Cathedral, which is one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, previously served as the place where was crowned the kings of France. If you think he is in Paris, you are mistaken. The Church is located in 130 kilometers North-East from the French capital.
7. This Roman Catholic Cathedral that combines Gothic architecture and Renaissance, could boast the largest dome in the world until the development of modern building materials. This attraction of Tuscany is also on the list of UNESCO world heritage sites.
6. This temple, built in 1045-1050 years, is the oldest Church, as well as any building in use in Russia. But he is not in Moscow and not in St. Petersburg. This temple is located in Novgorod, a historic city, located on the Federal highway connecting these two metropolis.
5. Given that there never lived a Bishop, this magnificent Gothic Church cannot be called a Cathedral, but her incredible height made her famous around the world. The spire of the Cathedral is 161,5 meters, making it the highest Church in the world.
4. A hint for you to know this temple is simple – it is the highest and largest Church in Australia, located in Melbourne.
3. People familiar with Italian Byzantine architecture, easily identify this Church. For its lush appearance, gold mosaic floors and a status symbol of power and wealth of Venice Church also known as the Chiesa d’oro (Golden Church)
2. The unique location of this Basilica is the key. This Roman Catholic Church built in the canyon of the river Guitar (Guaitara river), is one of the main attractions of the South American country in which it is located.
1. About the last Church we can tell you that the construction of this Gothic structure began in the 11th century. It remained the tallest building in the world for 238 years (1311-1549). Well, the last hint – it is located in the East of England.