About five thousand years ago among the boundless Sands of the African deserts to the Egyptian IV dynasty Pharaoh khafra (the Greeks called him Chephren) built for himself the pyramid-tomb. And to watch her was placed the stone lion with a human head – the Great Sphinx.
His eyes looking into eternity, and smile dozens of centuries plagued mankind with its mystery. There are stories (and not only in Egypt) that the resolution of its mystery is connected with the end of the world: “When will be solved the last riddle of the Sphinx, he courses & online play, and the world will cease to exist”.
The famous American clairvoyant E. Case argued that some of the inhabitants of the legendary Atlantis settled in Egypt, where it is stored the history of the disappeared in the waters of the Atlantic countries. Atlanta brought with him copies of all state documents and hid them in a special “Hall of Annals” that someday people will find and will find in it musical instruments, banners, decoration of temples, tables, printing, medicines, linen cloth and gold. Then there will be obtained the answers to many mysteries of Ancient Egypt and we can better understand the meaning of the mysterious figures of chelovechestva.
The head of this most famous sculpture of antiquity stands 23.5 meters from the rocky base, and body length is 57 meters. The Sphinx buried in sand, hidden between the paws a temple of the Sun.
Authentic view of the Sphinx knew only contemporaries Continue reading
Gothic houses in Poland.
The house of Nicholas of Kopernika, Torun (Toruń,. Torn).
A beautiful example of Polish residential (not religious) Gothic 15th century
Faceted (Episcopal) chamber in the Novgorod Velikiy.
The first residential secular building of stone in Novgorod.
Incredibly, the Hanseatic Gothic style had penetrated even into the center of the Orthodox Russia – in the courtyard of the Archbishop of the Novgorod Citadel.
The chamber was founded by Novgorod Archbishop Euthymios, appointed in 1429. In 1441 was painted with frescoes, as was intended for ceremonial receptions and meetings. Here met the Council of lords is the Supreme authority of the boyar Republic. In the house, took foreign ambassadors, organized the official celebrations.
After the destruction of the Republic by Ivan the Terrible in the 16th and 17th centuries the building underwent significant reconstruction. Western architectural elements (the Gothic Gables) is alien to the Orthodox people were destroyed.
Going back to the 15th century, I must say that in Novgorod until 1412 sat proteges of king władysław jagiełło and Prince Witold; for example, the king’s brother – Lagueny Olgerdovich.
It was the beginning of the 15th century was a period of cultural convergence Novgorod with Poland and GDL. “Pro-Lithuanian” party of the boyars was at that moment the most influential.
“…A man who was not specially interested in the history of Prague architecture, is unlikely to recognize these buildings. I will not mystify, they do not exist. More precisely, does not exist (and never existed) in the form shown. This two unrealized projects of the restructuring and negotiatie Cathedral of St. Vitus. In the end, was elected the other option, one that I admire now guests of Prague:
It is believed that the construction of the Cathedral began in 1344 in connection with the raising of the status of the Prague bishopric to archiepiscopal. The project was led by Matthieu of Arras, who arrived from Avignon. Built Mathieu 8 years and had, quite frankly, not very much. After his death, the business passed into the hands of the family Barleria. Most of the sources mentions the founder of family by Peter Parler from Germany. There is however a version that was Pierre from France or Parla Pietro Parlare from Italy. However, all agree that the last name is derived from the Latin word parlerius, meaning “Builder” or “master”, so Parlerei is the builders name Builders. Anyone who had in this family, too, is not entirely clear.
To build them for 75 years managed the nave and the apse with the altar in the Eastern part of the building and a Large tower on the South side. The services were held in the unfinished part of the temple, with the fourth side fenced Continue reading
The Time Of The Cathedrals
II est venu le temps des cathedrales, le monde est entre dans un nouveau millenaire – “the time of cathedrals, the world enters a new Millennium”, – declare the heroes at the beginning of the world-famous musical “Notre Dame de Paris”, provoked a new round of interest in the creation of Hugo and to the Paris temple. “The time of the cathedrals” is not a poetic figure, invented by the author of the lyrics of the musical by Luc Plamondon and sustainable historical term that envelopes all the classic French middle Ages. A good phrase came from the pen of a French art historian Georges Duby, author of the same book. The time of the cathedrals of almost six centuries of religious, cultural, political and everyday life of France and neighbouring territories.
It starts at the very end of the tenth century, when all Europe stood in eschatological anticipation of the magic 1000 years – then and 1033, the millennial anniversary of the Lord’s suffering. The Europeans believed that for significant dates will follow the end of the world, put to rest the earthly life. The Apocalypse did not happen – but happened universal catharsis. Europe has entered the new Millennium refreshed, mystical overcame fear and began to build updated updated art and religious culture. Continue reading
The most mysterious places on the planet
On our planet Earth there are many places, which for many centuries baffled researchers. Who built them, for what purpose – until now, scientists can not explain. It is impossible in a short article to tell about all the strange and still not fully understood.
We create Top 3 places about which it is safe to say that this is the most mysterious places on the planet .
Of course, this list does not included the many no less mysterious. So, let’s start.
1. Giants Causeway. It is situated in the North-Eastern Ireland. The singularity is that this road amount to about forty thousand basalt columns, the thickness of 30-50 cm, and the height of the tallest is 12 m.
The columns form three groups of natural sites, the largest of which – the Big trail. It starts near the water, here the columns of the same level and remind paved the way. Further from the coast they look like stairs, reaching six metres in height. The tallest columns are 12 m high.
The top of the columns and flat in cross-section are hexagonal, but there are 4, 5, 8-coal. When viewed from above, the cluster of columns resembles a honeycomb. The road has a width of 20-30 m. Tourists can walk along the columns along the coast road about 1 km.
Such natural Continue reading